Team Confuzion
YOU ARE SIGNED OUT PLEASE SIGN IN
Team Confuzion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Confuzion

Welcome to Team Confuzion (cFzN)! We are a clan that is run by a strong democracy amongst its admins. We currently support Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. We are currently looking for leaders and new members to help with clan growth.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
I am looking for new recruits to finish out Modern Warfare 2 and Continue to Black Ops. If you know someone PM me, andyg223.
Gamebattles teams are up and running. PM me, andyg223 for information on joining. We have 3 teams, one hardcore.
For anyone wanting to donate to the site for its URL please go to https://confusion.forummotion.com/donate.forum

Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread Empty
PostSubject: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

The place for the discussion of the up and coming Call Of Duty : Black Ops, talk about new gameplay, how scared you are when ToXic woops all your asses and the sort.

Back to top Go down
andyg223
Admin
Admin
andyg223

US

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

That was a dirty video! Awesomeness! I do see a lot of similarities and I bet the campaign will be a little bit longer, but that is a wish list. I wonder how killstreak rewards will fare against flying a hind with 120 Rockets and a Chaingun that can start World War III??? What does everyone else think about interactive vehicles affecting killstreak rewards?

Also, in the tunnel in the beginning- was that an eye-gouge? That was brutal! At least he got payback...that was for Brooklyn Motherf*!$%$!!!!

Thanks for sharing that Toxic! I can't wait for Black Ops...it comes out on a Tuesday second week of November and I'm wondering what days to take off from work?? Should I take off Monday and Tuesday? Tuesday only? Or Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday?

Oh yeah, should I reserve a copy? For real? I mean do you think there will be shortages?

Thanks!

G
Back to top Go down
https://confusion.forummotion.com
Jst1n

Jst1n

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 am

Deffinitely Reserve a copy
Back to top Go down
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am

andyg223 wrote:
That was a dirty video! Awesomeness! I do see a lot of similarities and I bet the campaign will be a little bit longer, but that is a wish list. I wonder how killstreak rewards will fare against flying a hind with 120 Rockets and a Chaingun that can start World War III??? What does everyone else think about interactive vehicles affecting killstreak rewards?

Also, in the tunnel in the beginning- was that an eye-gouge? That was brutal! At least he got payback...that was for Brooklyn Motherf*!$%$!!!!

Thanks for sharing that Toxic! I can't wait for Black Ops...it comes out on a Tuesday second week of November and I'm wondering what days to take off from work?? Should I take off Monday and Tuesday? Tuesday only? Or Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday?

Oh yeah, should I reserve a copy? For real? I mean do you think there will be shortages?

Thanks!

G

No problem Andy, yeah you should reserve a copy, over were i reside there shall be many shortages also take the week of man and relaxxxxxx.......... they said that one of the there main focus was customization and also i think they have changed the prestige system now its to do with time. bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
andyg223
Admin
Admin
andyg223

US

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Nice - thanks for the quick reply ToXic. What does everyone else think about my questions?

How will vehicles (helicopters, tanks, jets, ATV's) interact with the killstreak reward system?
-Will killstreaks be a thing of the past?
-Do you think killstreaks and vehicles will be intertwined? For example, if you get the pavelow killstreak reward in MW2 then do you think you would actually be able to fly it like with the chopper gunner in MW2 (but with cockpit graphics, etc.)? Or do you think it will be more like Battlefield 2 where you can just hop in any available vehicle at any time and start wrecking havok? I mean think about this: a player online hops into a tank, blocks the path to escape/other vehicles, and just pummels infantry. How is this going to work people???

ToXiC - Tell me more about this customization you are speaking about, and the prestige system. In America's Army you gained experience by the amount of time you played and I can tell you this was a much better experience system because you cannot fake it. There were some players with ridiculous amounts of play time and they deserved the exclusive rights to choose a sniper or grenadier class (only 1 per team) over everyone else because of their level, and it made a hell of a lot of sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason to pre-order a copy is so that you actually get a copy and they aren't all sold out? Or do you save a little bit of money too? Should I sign up and get a GameStop card or something?

I look forward to more replies and let me know what everyone thinks about my questions about Black Ops.

Sorry for the long post, again...Thanks!

G afro
Back to top Go down
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:58 am

andyg223 wrote:
Nice - thanks for the quick reply ToXic. What does everyone else think about my questions?

How will vehicles (helicopters, tanks, jets, ATV's) interact with the killstreak reward system?
-Will killstreaks be a thing of the past?
-Do you think killstreaks and vehicles will be intertwined? For example, if you get the pavelow killstreak reward in MW2 then do you think you would actually be able to fly it like with the chopper gunner in MW2 (but with cockpit graphics, etc.)? Or do you think it will be more like Battlefield 2 where you can just hop in any available vehicle at any time and start wrecking havok? I mean think about this: a player online hops into a tank, blocks the path to escape/other vehicles, and just pummels infantry. How is this going to work people???

ToXiC - Tell me more about this customization you are speaking about, and the prestige system. In America's Army you gained experience by the amount of time you played and I can tell you this was a much better experience system because you cannot fake it. There were some players with ridiculous amounts of play time and they deserved the exclusive rights to choose a sniper or grenadier class (only 1 per team) over everyone else because of their level, and it made a hell of a lot of sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason to pre-order a copy is so that you actually get a copy and they aren't all sold out? Or do you save a little bit of money too? Should I sign up and get a GameStop card or something?

I look forward to more replies and let me know what everyone thinks about my questions about Black Ops.

Sorry for the long post, again...Thanks!

G afro

Taken from the internet :

* Four-player co-op is confirmed.

* You’ll play at least two characters in multiple international conflicts.

* American and Russian black operatives have been consulted. Given the above points, we reckon that means you might play on both sides of the conflict

* Exact setting dates haven’t been revealed, but the game will play out over a long period of history.

* As black ops teams were privy to superior intelligence and had free access to any equipmenent they wanted, weapons and ammo will be more varied this time around. A military crossbow has been confirmed so far, but it’s not just for sniping. CoD:BO (unfortunately aromatic acronym) allows on-the-fly ammo changes for some of its weapons, so the bow can also be fitted out with exploding arrows.

* There’s also an AUG assault rifle that will take multiple attachments.

* The SR-71 Blackbird is the new AC-130. During one level, the recon plane is used to observe terrain from above, with the player directing the squad below with a pointer in order to help them avoid enemy Russian convoys. Immediately after this, you’ll take control of the squad on the ground.

* Treyarch head Mark Lamia has said that the game is ‘epic in scope’, being focused around a story that ‘has meaning and character and will be multi-threaded’. Perhaps more of an indication that Treyarch will be giving the Cold War an ambiguous, mutli-sided treatment?

* CoD: BO is using the same full-actor motion-capture technology as Avatar. That means that not just gestures, but whole performances are captured, right down to facial expressions and line delivery. Expect some serious emoting this time around.

* It looks like Treyarch is following Modern Warfare’s lead in terms of big action movie set-pieces. Cliff-diving and rappelling through windows are already in.

Thats all thats on the customization i think.

The prestige is based on that if you play for 24 hours (in game) you prestige.

Preordering has its benefits such as sometimes you could get the game one day early it rarely happens but it does, its more reliable since you no you have the game and not taking any risks, sometime you get better deals and extras so its better then buying of the shelfs.

In a Call of Duty: Black Ops E3 stage demo with Gamespot (embedded below), not only do we get to see some extended chopper gameplay from the ‘Payback’ campaign level that Treyarch have been touting about, we also get virtual confirmation that the very same chopper, or ‘Hind’, will be available in Black Ops multiplayer for you to wreak havoc in.

When asked by Gamespot’s Chris Watters “what other vehicles we’ll get to hop in the cockpit of?” Mark Lamia sarcastically responds: “You might see the Hind in some other forms of gameplay.”

No info was given on if the Hind will be fully player-controllable in multiplayer like it is in the campaign, but we’re guessing that will be the case. It’s also not know if Treyarch have the Hind penciled in as a killstreak reward or if it will be sitting on the map waiting for anyone to hop in, à la Battlefield. Even though non-killstreak reward vehicles have been confirmed for multiplayer (but not as you know them) we’re speculating the former to be more likely.

When asked about the seemingly touchy subject of a Zombie mode for Black Ops, Lamia gives what looks like a canned response considering we’ve heard virtually the same spiel from other Treyarch representatives..

Epic Call of Duty Black Ops Post

Hope this helps Andy. =) sunny
Back to top Go down
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
coolioluke9
Admin
Admin
coolioluke9

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:41 am

shiiiiiiiiiiit bro, that sounds epic. i think i had a mini orgasm after reading this stuff, i was kind of happy about black ops but now my jaw is dropping. and i am very happy they arnt releasing all the information like zombies and kill streaks. i love suprizes and would be angry if i knew everything about the game before i got my hands on it, in fact i didnt even like watching the helicopter missions. ah well still sounds great and cant wait.
Back to top Go down
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:24 am

Coolioluke9 wrote:
shiiiiiiiiiiit bro, that sounds epic. i think i had a mini orgasm after reading this stuff, i was kind of happy about black ops but now my jaw is dropping. and i am very happy they arnt releasing all the information like zombies and kill streaks. i love suprizes and would be angry if i knew everything about the game before i got my hands on it, in fact i didnt even like watching the helicopter missions. ah well still sounds great and cant wait.

Yeah man it does look awesome, ill post anthing and i mean anything to do with Black Ops in the future.
Back to top Go down
coolioluke9
Admin
Admin
coolioluke9

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:02 am

also if anyone is wondering about that tunnel mission they did get it from somewhere, back in ww1 when they were still doing trench warfare they found another way of whiping out the other side, they would take american miners, with no army experience, give them a rifle a pistol and a shovel and ship them off to war. there job was to dig a hole from there trench, about 20 to 30 feet underground roughly, then plant a sh** load of explosives underneath the enemy trench, and blow them out. ive seen a picture where the explosive didnt explode them out, the trench just moved in and crushed everyone inside to death. there was one that took about 2 years, and they blew up a entire mountain the germans were on, they used so much c4 that 90% of the people literally blew up without a trace. but the germans took up this tactic too, so every few feet of digging they would listen, and see if they could head a german digging a hole, if they did they would dig a small hole that was very long, and stick a torpedo down the hole, and detonate it, killing the germans. now the bad part about the tunnels were if your army above you got killed and everyone died, you were stuck down there and had no idea what so ever. and they would start to come down the hole and try and kill you, so they had a favorite weapon to use in the trench, yes they had a pistol but it gave off there position, they used there knife to kill the germans without a sound down in there little hole. well i hope you enjoyed the history lesson
Back to top Go down
andyg223
Admin
Admin
andyg223

US

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 am

I cannot wait. It needs to come out now!!! Also, I really like the killstreak reward system in MW2. If they change that and it is not as fun then I'm really going to be pissed. I am set in my killstreak reward ways, and I like my 7 kill attack helicopter, followed by 9 kill pavelow, followed by 11 kill chopper gunner combination. The reward system is psychologically based if you did not know (I have degrees in Psychology and Physics); it's called fixed reinforcement. This means that we learn to perform a specific sequence of behaviors that will elicit the response (reward) we want. If they change this fundamental psychological aspect we will all notice this very much, and if it is a poor change (i.e. MW2 killstreak reward system was better) then we will be screaming at Treyarch.

I'm sorry but I am set in my ways with online. However, I really do look forward to the surprises (as Luke said also) and the new campaign. I don't think the 4-player coop will be that good unless it is four people playing coop in Team Deathmatch and they are on the same team/squad.

Also, how in the world is the SR-71 Blackbird supposed to replace the AC-130 gunship aka flying tank? That seems like apples vs. oranges, except the SR-71 will not be able to carry a huge payload/arsenal like the AC-130 can, and I doubt it will be able to fly around the battlefield in a circle like in MW2 and literally pound the earth killing everyone nearby. From what I understand about the SR-71 is that it is a reconnaissance plane designed in the 60's, it is no longer in use (as of 1998), and it's primary defensive tactics were simply to accelerate, since it can fly mach ~3.2, and cruise at mach 3 (which is 2,300 MPH!!!!!!) - "A defensive feature of the aircraft was its high speed and operating altitude, whereby, if a surface-to-air missile launch were detected, standard evasive action was simply to accelerate". For defense, SR-71 also had electronic countermeasures.

The SR-71 is also impressive that from an altitude of roughly 85,000 feet (the thing can go into low orbit space!!!), it could survey 100,000 square miles per hour of the Earth's surface! Nonetheless, the SR-71 HAS NO MUNITIONS aka PAYLOAD to dispense making it useless as an attack or support aircraft (the COMPLETE opposite of the AC-130 gunship - you got trouble on the ground, you call in the gun you call in the AH-64D, the AC-130, etc, NOT the SR-71; Christ, pilots and the military would get into huge trouble for "overflight", that is, flying the SR-71 for longer than the mission required (even by 1 minute). The SR-71 would be a FANTASTIC replacement for the UAV, but the AC-130?? That's crazy, and just not right. I need some answers Treyarch!!!! Finally, the payload of the SR-71 is 3500 lbs, and that is all for sensors!! Now the AC-130 - that was designed for close air support, air interdiction and armed reconnaissance. It has a payload of 155,000 pounds, two M61 20mm Vulcan cannons with 3,000 rounds, one L60 40mm Bofors cannon with 256 rounds, and one M102 105mm howitzer with 100 rounds - f&^$*#! Crazy!!! Granted, the AC-130 gunship can only fly 300 MPH and the SR-71 can fly 2300),, AC-130 can fly up to 25,000 feet compared to 85,000 feet, but the AC-130 is a tank in the sky and an infantryman’s savior, not the SR-71!!! The SR-71 is used for intelligence and reconnaissance purposes and was designed to fly over Russia undetected by their SAM’s and if detected and engaged by a Russian SAM it could fly away faster than the missiles (or at least use its electronic countermeasures to evade the missile). The AC-130 also has a ton of better and more sophisticated electronic countermeasures than the SR-71: AN/AAQ-24 Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM), AN/AAR-44 infrared warning receiver, AN/AAR-47 missile warning system, AN/ALE-47 flare and chaff dispensing system, AN/ALQ-172 Electronic Countermeasure System, AN/ALQ-196 Jammer, AN/ALR-69 radar warning receiver, AN/APR-46A panoramic RF receiver, QRC-84-02 infrared countermeasures system

It’s really interesting to hear your replies to my posts; this is some interesting stuff, and controversial due to its potential impact to the online COD community, and most importantly game play and balance.

I look forward to your replies, comments, etc.

Sorry for the long post....again; Thanks guys!

G

Back to top Go down
ToXic_SmG
Forum Moderators
Forum Moderators
ToXic_SmG

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Andy i think he ment that not in comparison to the AC-130 but the Black Bird is the new highlight plane.
Back to top Go down
andyg223
Admin
Admin
andyg223

US

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi ToXiC,

I don't think it can be the new highlight plane if it has no munitions, and no attack capabilities. Do they say anything officially about the details of the SR-71 Blackbird?

Unless it is for reconnaissance for online play I see no other use for it outside of the campaign.

Thanks!

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread   Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty : Black Ops Thread
Page 1 of 1